A luscious, creamy Boursin cheese Perogie filling

I have lucked into a pretty good family.  I grew up on a family farm, with parents I admire and siblings I've had a lot of great memories with.

That luck continued not only with my husband, but with my husband's family.  They all live in interesting parts of the world.  South Carolina is beautiful, with some pretty quality people.  I love politics, so I don't think I could accurately put into words how much I like visiting Washington, D.C.  Sooner or later, I plan on visiting San Antonio.  Until then, I'll be quite happy with my memories of Paris.

Just today, I was a rather mopey person, and found myself thinking of a combination of my home in Saskatchewan, and visiting my husband's mother overseas, as we did a few months ago this past spring.

To add to the generosity of the trip to Paris, my husband's mother was also quite hospitable to us in her home - delicious and interesting food, great outings to the country....  Not to mention the best tub a girl could get a soak in.  Heaven!

Many Saskatchewanites (I know, we're Saskatchewanians, but I think Saskachewanites sounds better) will know that these good deads you receive should at least merit some sort of 'thank-you'.  So, when I got a request for perogies, the idea made perfect sense.

Then I forgot my spices.  Drat.  Yes, salt and pepper would do.  But it just doesn't have the same ZING! POW! WHAM! as the spices I use back home.  Until I remembered the creamy luxury the hubby had introduced to my life a few years back:  Boursin.  Popular on this side of the pond as well, it is a fabulous introduction to the world of creamy cheese.


I went forward, guessing that it may be quickly drowned out by the potatoes.  Nope.  It is delicate.  It is delicious.  It is my new favorite.

And the recipe, which is quite simple (which makes me question if I am becoming lazy):

6 - 8 perogies peeled, diced, boiled
1/8 cup butter
1 package of Boursin.  (You choice of flavour, but I go with Garlic & herbs)


Mash the potatoes with the butter.  Add in the cheese, first half a package, and to taste.

Suggested dough recipe:  "Perogie dough sounds like a Korean Martial Art"

0 comments:

Post a Comment